Anonymous ID: b5a0fa May 20, 2026, 2:12 p.m. No.24627766   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>7931 >>8088

U.S. Marines Board Iranian Tanker in Gulf of Oman

Mike Schuler May 20, 2026

 

U.S. Marines boarded and redirected an Iranian-flagged oil tanker in the Gulf of Oman on Tuesday as Washington continued tightening enforcement of its maritime blockade targeting vessels trading with Iran.

 

In a statement posted to X, the U.S. military’s Central Command said Marines from the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit boarded the tanker M/T Celestial Sea after the vessel was suspected of attempting to violate the blockade by transiting toward an Iranian port.

 

“Earlier today in the Gulf of Oman, U.S. Marines from the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit boarded M/T Celestial Sea, an Iranian-flagged commercial oil tanker suspected of attempting to violate the U.S. blockade by transiting toward an Iranian port,” CENTCOM said. “American forces released the vessel after searching and directing the ship’s crew to alter course.”

 

Video of the boarding appears to show the same vessel featured in an earlier CENTCOM post published Tuesday showing U.S. forces blocking an unidentified merchant ship as part of the blockade against Iran.

 

CENTCOM said U.S. forces have now redirected 91 commercial ships since enforcement operations began. As of May 20, American forces have also disabled four vessels accused of attempting to violate the blockade.

 

The Trump administration’s blockade, announced in April, targets vessels entering or departing Iranian ports while technically allowing commercial traffic transiting the Strait of Hormuz to non-Iranian destinations.

 

The maritime enforcement campaign intensified sharply earlier this month when U.S. Navy aircraft disabled multiple Iranian-flagged tankers operating near the Gulf of Oman.

 

On May 8, CENTCOM confirmed that U.S. Navy F/A-18 Super Hornets launched from the aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush disabled the tankers M/T Sea Star III and M/T Sevda by firing precision munitions into the vessels’ smokestacks.

 

That operation followed a May 6 incident involving the tanker M/T Hasna, where an F/A-18 launched from USS Abraham Lincoln fired 20mm cannon rounds into the vessel’s rudder after it allegedly ignored repeated warnings from U.S. forces.

 

CENTCOM has repeatedly said the operations are intended to enforce the blockade and prevent vessels from entering Iranian ports.

 

The conflict continues to deepen disruption across global shipping markets and regional energy trade. Commercial traffic through the Strait of Hormuz remains severely reduced compared to pre-conflict levels as shipowners weigh missile threats, sea mines, drone attacks and soaring war-risk insurance premiums.

 

Industry groups including BIMCO and the International Chamber of Shipping have warned that commercial operators remain caught between rapidly evolving military operations, unclear transit guarantees and mounting security threats inside the Gulf.

 

BIMCO Chief Safety & Security Officer Jakob Larsen previously warned that abrupt operational changes — including the Trump administration’s suspension of “Project Freedom,” the short-lived U.S. escort initiative for stranded vessels — have made voyage risk assessments increasingly difficult for commercial shipowners.

 

Humanitarian concerns are also mounting for thousands of seafarers still trapped aboard vessels inside the Gulf region as operators continue delaying or avoiding Hormuz transits altogether.

 

https://gcaptain.com/u-s-marines-board-iranian-tanker-in-gulf-of-oman/

Anonymous ID: b5a0fa May 20, 2026, 2:19 p.m. No.24627787   🗄️.is 🔗kun

>>24627733

Still tryin the haaretz shit?

UOI or jpost not have anything you could use?

Imagine the sequence of failed life choices that brought you here as an impotent shill

Anonymous ID: b5a0fa May 20, 2026, 2:32 p.m. No.24627831   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>7845 >>7861 >>7931 >>8088

Russian jets 'dangerously' intercept RAF spy plane over Black Sea

Henry Moore 20 May 2026

 

Two Russian warplanes "repeatedly and dangerously" intercepted an unarmed RAF spy plane over the Black Sea last month, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has said.

 

A Russian Su-35 fighter approached the Rivet Joint surveillance aircraft, getting close enough to trigger its emergency systems, disabling its autopilot.

 

And a Su-27 jet also carried out six passes in front of the RAF plane, getting as close as six metres (19ft) from its nose.

 

Defence Secretary John Healey praised the "outstanding professionalism" of the RAF crew during "unacceptable" Russian flybys, which the MoD says is the most dangerous Russian action since 2022, when a "rogue" pilot fired a missile at a Rivet Joint over the Black Sea.

 

The MoD said the Rivet Joint had been conducting a routine international flight to aid in securing Nato's eastern flank.

 

Condemning the airborne interceptions, Healey said: "This incident is another example of dangerous and unacceptable behaviour by Russian pilots, towards an unarmed aircraft operating in international airspace.

 

"These actions create a serious risk of accidents and potential escalation."

 

He added: "This incident will not deter the UK's commitment to defend Nato, our allies and our interests from Russian aggression."

 

The MoD and Foreign Office have called on the Russian embassy to condemn the incident.

 

These latest interceptions come amid increased Russian aggression in the region, the MoD added, pointing to recent submarine activity over critical underwater British infrastructure in the North Sea.

 

This incident follows a similar one which saw a "rogue" Russian pilot attempt to shoot down an RAF Rivet Joint plane over the Black Sea in September 2022.

 

The Russian pilot fired two missiles, the first of which missed rather than malfunctioned as claimed at the time.

 

Russia had claimed the incident last September was caused by a "technical malfunction".

 

The MoD publicly accepted the Russian explanation, but three senior Western defence sources later told the BBC the Russian pilot had fired the missile following an ambiguous command from a Russian ground station.

 

The RAF's RC-135W Rivet Joint is operated by No 51 Squadron and typically flies out of a base in Lincolnshire. The aircraft use advanced sensors to "intercept and analyse signals across the electromagnetic spectrum, providing real-time strategic and tactical intelligence", according to the RAF website.

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cq8p40e2zx1o