Isn't that the banshee who can't pronounce amphetamine?
RINO Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) wants to end the restitution fund for imprisoned and harassed J6ers
https://x.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/2057149559982207239
James Murdoch buys New York magazine and Vox Media’s podcasts
James Murdoch just made a big investment in the American news media.
On Wednesday morning, his media and tech holding company, Lupa Systems, said it had agreed to acquire most of Vox Media, including Vox’s main website, its popular podcast network, and New York magazine.
The deal was announced hours after New York won the National Magazine Award for general excellence from the American Society of Magazine Editors — a fresh affirmation of the title’s stature in the media industry in an era defined by business model disruption.
Murdoch said in a statement that acquiring the magazine, the podcast network and Vox.com “reflects both our interest in the forward edge of culture and our deep commitment to ambitious journalism and agenda-setting conversations.”
The parties declined to comment on the purchase price, but CNN previously reported that the assets would fetch $300 million or more.
Vox-owned websites like Eater, Popsugar, SB Nation, The Dodo and The Verge were not included in the deal, raising immediate questions about whether other buyers will scoop them up.
Vox Media CEO Jim Bankoff will join Lupa and run the assets that Murdoch is acquiring.
Bankoff told The New York Times that he “wanted a long-term steward” like Murdoch.
James Murdoch publicly and painfully split from his father Rupert and brother Lachlan’s right-wing media empire years ago. His politics are widely viewed as more moderate than his father’s, and his business ambitions are evident through his recent acquisitions. His company has stakes in the Tribeca Film Festival and a major entertainment producer in India.
Murdoch told The Times he valued a chance to acquire an asset known for “longer-form, thoughtful journalism that can really speak to the culture.”
https://lite.cnn.com/2026/05/20/media/james-murdoch-buys-new-york-magazine-and-vox-media-podcasts
Austin teenage mass shooter is an illegal alien
-A 17-year-old has been charged with six felonies in connection with a shooting spree that happened across Austin
-The co-defendants, the 15-and-16-year-old suspects, are going through a different justice system because they are minors
-APD said they were involved in 12 shootings
read moar:
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-shooting-spree-17-year-old-suspect-charged-6-felonies
Quantum stocks soar as U.S. plans $2 billion funding incentives and equity stakes
-Quantum computing shares popped on Thursday.
-The U.S. Commerce Department would award $2 billion to nine companies, including IBM, that operate in the space.
-The U.S. government is taking equity stakes in the firms as part of the deal.
Quantum computing shares popped on Thursday, as the U.S. government said it would award $2 billion in grants to nine firms operating in the space.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology announced the signing of letters of intent in a release, saying it would take a minority, non-controlling stake in each company.
The Wall Street Journal first reported on the deals.
IBM is the biggest beneficiary of the package, with the U.S. Commerce Department agreeing to give the firm $1 billion.
Shares of IBM
gained 12% on Thursday.
The company is a frontrunner in the movement to build supercomputers using quantum technology, which developers say will be able to solve complex problems existing computers cannot tackle.
Chipmaker GlobalFoundries is receiving $375 million, while other grant recipients D-Wave Quantum, Rigetti Computing and Infleqtion will be awarded $100 million.
Startup Diraq is set to receive a $38 million grant and PsiQuantum will get $100 million under the agreement.
Shares of D-Wave added 33%, Rigetti soared 30% and Infleqtion skyrocketed about 31%.
Other quantum firms that were not part of the announcement also climbed on the news, with Arqit booming 25%, while IonQ popped 12% and Quantum Computing added 19%.
The deals still have to be formally completed. Funding will come from the 2022 Chips and Science Act.
The Commerce Department did not respond to a request for comment.
Shortly after the WSJ published its report, IBM confirmed that it would work with the U.S. government to develop America’s first purpose-built quantum foundry, supported by the proposed $1 billion award.
The company said the initiative will “accelerate American quantum innovation and enable advanced quantum wafer production for a broad range of companies.”
IBM said the incentive from the Commerce Department will support the research and development efforts of a new IBM company called Anderon, to which IBM will contribute a $1 billion investment to match the government grant.
“Headquartered in Albany, New York as a standalone company, Anderon will operate as a state-of-the-art 300-millimeter quantum wafer foundry,” IBM said in a news release. “It will help the nation solidify its leadership at the center of a thriving new quantum industry that is estimated to generate up to $850 billion in economic value by 2040 and spur American economic growth while also bolstering national security.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2026/05/21/quantum-stocks–us-taking-equity-stakes.html
Jeff Bezos criticizes New York City's education system
https://x.com/CitizenFreePres/status/2057524501198283164
DHS touts millions of illegal immigrant departures as border crossings drop 94% under Trump
An estimated 2.2 million left voluntarily through self-deportation, according to DHS figures.
President Donald Trump’s first year back in office has seen more than 3 million illegal immigrants leave the United States, including an estimated 2.2 million "self-deportations," according to figures shared with Fox News Digital by the Department of Homeland Security.
DHS said the administration has also deported nearly 900,000 illegal immigrants and arrested more than 900,000 others as of May 17, framing the numbers as evidence Trump’s immigration crackdown is reshaping migration patterns after record illegal crossings during former President Joe Biden’s administration.
"In President Trump’s first year back in office, more than 3 million illegal aliens have left the U.S. because of the Trump administration’s crackdown on illegal immigration including an estimated 2.2 million self-deportations," a DHS spokesperson told Fox News Digital.
The administration has increasingly promoted self-deportation through the CBP Home app, which allows migrants to voluntarily leave the country with travel assistance and financial support.
DHS says the program costs significantly less than traditional deportation proceedings and is designed to encourage migrants in the country illegally to leave voluntarily.
The figures come as the administration touts dramatic declines in illegal crossings and what officials describe as the end of "catch-and-release" policies at the southern border.
Last week, U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Border Patrol had gone a full year without releasing illegal immigrants directly into the U.S. interior after apprehension at the border.
CBP said Border Patrol recorded 8,943 apprehensions at the southwestern border in April, a 94% drop from the Biden administration’s monthly average and 96% below the December 2023 peak.
Homeland Security Secretary Markwayne Mullin said last week that "the days of catch and release are over," arguing the administration’s enforcement policies are deterring migrants from attempting to enter the country illegally.
The administration has also pointed to increased ICE operations, tighter asylum restrictions and expanded interior enforcement as factors contributing to what officials describe as a broader deterrence effect.
Immigration analysts say the administration’s tougher enforcement posture has clearly reduced illegal crossings, though some dispute how DHS characterizes some of the figures tied to migrant releases and removals.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dhs-touts-millions-illegal-immigrant-departures-border-crossings-drop-94-under-trump
Gun Groups Push Back as New Jersey AG Subpoenas Dealers for 10 Years of Glock Buyer Records
Gun-rights groups are speaking out against New Jersey Attorney General Jennifer Davenport, who recently sent subpoenas to firearms dealers across the state demanding customer records for every lawful Glock pistol sale to New Jersey residents over the past 10 years.
The subpoenas appear to stem from the state Attorney General’s Office’s 2025 public nuisance lawsuit against Glock, Inc., but the demand for individual customer records goes well beyond what that lawsuit’s legal theory would seem to require.
That hasn’t sat well with the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action, which argues that the records aren’t connected to the state’s case theory at all. NRA-ILA also points out that since New Jersey’s pistol permitting system already operates as a de facto handgun registry, the Attorney General can produce those records from the office’s own database without subpoenaing FFLs.
The catch: subpoenaed records become a matter of public record under New Jersey law in a way that registry records do not. NRA-ILA argues this is “being done solely for the purpose of harassing and doxxing residents who purchased the most popular pistol in America.”
“Subpoenaing law-abiding firearm dealers to help build a state gun registry is unconstitutional and utterly outrageous,” John Commerford, NRA-ILA executive director, said in a legislative alert. “If New Jersey believes it can trample the Second Amendment and federal law with impunity, they are gravely mistaken. The NRA will not stand idly by while progressive politicians attempt to implement this dangerous, Orwellian scheme to dox, track, and harass honest, law-abiding Americans, and we are prepared to take any action necessary to protect the rights of New Jersey gun owners.”
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/new-jersey-glock-buyer-record-subpoenas/
Russia’s KamAZ to Reintroduce 4-Day Workweek, Mass Layoffs, as Truck Market Slumps
Russia’s largest truck maker KamAZ will reintroduce a four-day workweek for most of its divisions starting June 1, as a sharp downturn in the domestic heavy truck market forces the company to scale back production plans, Russian media reported.
A preliminary order has already been signed, the Biznes Online outlet reported, citing sources at the plant. The company confirmed the move, pointing to a steep drop in demand.
The decision underscores the deepening crisis in Russia’s commercial vehicle sector, where high interest rates, weakening demand and a glut of unsold trucks — including vehicles returned to leasing firms after payment defaults — are weighing on manufacturers and raising broader concerns about industrial output and employment.
KamAZ said the Russian heavy truck market shrank by 40% in the first two months of 2026. While its own sales fell by a more modest 15% over the same period, its market share rose to 37%.
The company had already introduced a four-day week in August 2025 after the commercial vehicle market collapsed by nearly 60% in the first half of the year.
It returned to a full schedule in November following a large order from state security agencies, but conditions have since deteriorated again.
Data from industry agency Avtostat showed sales of trucks with a capacity above 16 tonnes fell 33% year-on-year in February to 2,900 units, and were down 40% over January–February.
“Nothing surprising here. The first two months’ figures show the decline is continuing,” Alexander Solntsev, editor-in-chief of Comvex Review, told Biznes Online.
KamAZ sold 1,063 trucks in February, down 11% year-on-year.
Analysts say the market has been hit by persistently high borrowing costs, excess inventories and a growing share of repossessed trucks returning to the market.
The structure of demand has also shifted, with dump trucks, traditionally accounting for 25–27% of sales, now making up just 16%, while the share of specialized vehicles has risen to 35%, reflecting weaker commercial activity.
KamAZ reported a net loss of 37 billion rubles ($458.8 million) in 2025 under Russian accounting standards, up more than elevenfold from the previous year.
Revenue fell 2.5% to 315.2 billion rubles ($3.91 billion), while interest expenses reached 35.6 billion rubles ($441.4 million).
CEO Sergei Kogogin said in December that the truck market was in a “deep crisis,” citing high interest rates, inflation and market oversupply.
The Center for Strategic Research said the automotive industry was the worst-performing segment of Russian industry in the first 10 months of 2025, with vehicle production down 22.2% year-on-year. In October alone, output fell 38.4%.
The think tank warned that risks to employment and related industries would continue to grow without monetary easing and targeted state support.
KamAZ and fellow Russian manufacturer GAZ are exploring expansion into Africa in a bid to offset weak domestic demand.
Russia’s ambassador to Ethiopia said in February that the companies were finalizing feasibility studies for local production, aiming to enter the market with competitive products.
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2026/03/24/russias-kamaz-to-reintroduce-4-day-workweek-as-truck-market-slumps-a92326
Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., discusses efforts to hold Minnesota fraudsters accountable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYum0W1gg_4
¥2,000,000,000,000 erased from Chinese stock market on May 20th.
https://x.com/TedPillows/status/2057367152655548766