Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 1:48 p.m. No.24945531   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>5546 >>5590

US warship loses power and toilets in South China Sea – CNN

 

The USS Benfold is the latest US Navy vessel to leave its crew deprived of basic necessities

Published 17 Aug, 2026 18:42 | Updated

 

A US Navydestroyer spent four days without power in the South China Sea last month, depriving its crew of hot meals, flushing toilets, and air conditioning, CNN has reported. The report comes as US sailors in the Persian Gulf are facing similar conditions.

 

The USS Benfold, an Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer, suffered an “engineering casualty involving its generators” while on an exercise in the South China Sea last month, a Navy spokesman told CNN on Monday.

 

The Benfold lost the ability to maneuver on its own, and lost galley services, toilets, air conditioning, and drinking water, the spokesman said. At the time of the incident, temperatures in the South China Sea averaged between 32 and 37 degrees Celsius.

 

Another US warship, the guided missile cruiser USS Robert Smalls, provided hot meals to sailors aboard the Benfold, before it was towed to the Philippines for repairs. The Benfold has since returned to duty.

 

The Benfold usually sails as part of the USS George Washington’s carrier strike group. At the time of the breakdown,the group was conducting a so-called ‘freedom of navigation’ exercise in the region – in which US warships sail through China’s exclusive economic zonein a show of defiance against Beijing’s maritime claims.

 

The USS George Washington has since been ordered to redeploy to the Persian Gulf to relieve the USS Abraham Lincoln,whose crew have been at sea for almost nine months. Conditions on board the Abraham Lincoln have deteriorated, with toilets reportedly out of order, food running short, and multiple sailors attempting suicide.

 

A photo circulating on social media last week suggested that frustrated sailors were writing anti-Israel messages on the wings of the Lincoln’s aircraft, including “be a good goy and do what Israel tells you to,” and “Bibi’s cucks.”

 

The Pentagon already rotated one aircraft carrier – the USS Gerald R. Ford – out of the Persian Gulf after it suffered repeated malfunctions, including a fire in its laundry room and the overflow of raw excrement from its toilets. The Ford, which is the only vessel in its class and the most advanced aircraft carrier in the US Navy’s fleet, is now undergoing repairs at Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Portsmouth, Virginia, and is expected to be out of commission for around a year.

 

https://www.rt.com/news/644341-us-ship-breakdown-china/

 

What to heck is going on with these ships?

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 1:53 p.m. No.24945547   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>5919

Israeli minister calls for 30-40 ‘targeted assassinations’ in Gaza per night

 

Itamar Ben-Gvir has once again called for more military action in the Palestinian enclave

Published 17 Aug, 2026 16:35 |

 

Israel should carry out 30 to 40 “targeted assassinations” in Gaza every night, National Security Minister and prominent war hawk Itamar Ben-Gvir has said, claiming that some in the Palestinian enclave “are not people.”

 

While a claimed ceasefire is supposed to have been in effect over Gaza, Israel has continued air strikes while negotiations stalled over the issue of disarmament by Hamas and the withdrawal of the IDF from the territory.

 

In a podcast interview Saturday, Ben-Gvir reiterated his opposition to the reduced level of Israeli military operations under the armistice.

 

“We need to carry out targeted assassinations in Gaza, taking down 30-40 every night. Not just those who endanger you at that moment,” he said.

 

There are people there who are not human beings. They don’t need to live, they are not people.

 

The minister, who oversees Israel’s police, also reiterated his support for Israeli settlement in Gaza, and for pushing Palestinians to leave the territory.

 

“In my imagination, I see all of Gaza as ours, very consolidated settlements, throughout Gaza,” he said.

 

Since the October 7, 2023, Hamas attack on Israel that triggered the Gaza war, Ben-Gvir hasconsistently advocated policies well to the right of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, including harsher conditions for Palestinian prisoners and the death penalty for Palestinians convicted of terrorism.

 

Far-right parties including Ben-Gvir’s Jewish Power and Finance Minster Bezalel Smotrich’s Religious Zionism were instrumental in Netanyahu’s return to power in 2022 and in the formation of his coalition government.

 

West Jerusalem’s hardline policies and conduct in Gaza have generated widespread international condemnation, while Netanyahu’s push for military action against Iran has further strained perceptions of the Jewish State in the US, its most important ally.

 

A Pew Research Center survey published in June found that 60% of Americans had an unfavorable view of Israel, compared with 42% in 2022. Across 36 countries surveyed by the pollster, majorities in most expressed unfavorable views of Israel, including 68% in France, 69% in the UK and 73% in Germany.

 

https://www.rt.com/news/644337-israel-ben-gvir-30-40-assassinations-gaza/

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 2:01 p.m. No.24945564   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>5691

RT reports on Afghanistan’s new reality five years after the US evacuated(VIDEO)

 

RT India’s Runjhun Sharma has traveled to the country to see how life has changed under Taliban rule

Published 17 Aug, 2026 16:13

 

Afghanistan has marked five years since the Taliban swept back to power amid a chaotic US withdrawal.Celebrations have been held across the country, with officials describing Afghanistan as safer and “free.”

 

The US invaded Afghanistan in late 2001 following the September 11 attacks, for which Washington identified Al-Qaeda as being responsible. The group’s leaders, including Osama bin Laden, were based in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan at the time. US forces withdrew as the country’s Western-backed government rapidly collapsed and the Taliban recaptured Kabul in August 2021.

 

Once central to US foreign policy – with American taxpayers footing an estimated $2.3 trillion bill for the 20-year occupation – Afghanistan has since largely faded from Western attention.

 

Since returning to power, theTaliban has brought an end to much of the fighting that plagued the country for decades. Officials and supporters marked what they call “Fatah,” or “victory” day, on Saturday with celebrations across Kabul.Thousands gathered waving Islamic Emirate flags and carrying US-made weapons left behind after the withdrawal.

 

However, Afghanistan remains under sweeping sanctions, while the Taliban government is still largely unrecognized abroad.

 

RT India’s Runjhun Sharma traveled to Afghanistan to see how much the country has changed – and whether it is now as safe as its authorities claim, noting “there’s a lot of nuance, a lot of layers to the Taliban story.”

 

https://www.rt.com/news/644331-afghanistan-us-exit-anniversary-reality/

 

The Bidan curse

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 2:15 p.m. No.24945593   🗄️.is 🔗kun

US mulls copying Russia’s air defense tech – Military Watch

 

The Pentagon is reportedly considering next-generation mobile air defense radars modeled on Russia’s S-300 and S-400

Published 16 Aug, 2026 14:14

The US is looking to Russia’s air defense technology as it develops a new generation of mobile radars following losses suffered during the war with Iran, Military Watch has reported. New THAAD radars are reportedly set to gain a mobile sensor platform function similar to those built into Russia’s S-300 and S-400 systems from the outset.

 

According to a report published earlier this week, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps(IRGC) destroyed more than $3 billion worth of American air defense radars during the first week of the war on the Islamic Republic launchedby Israel and the US in late February.

 

The losses reportedlyincluded lower-value radars such as the AN/TPS-59, valued at around $70 million, as well as an AN/FPS-132 radar and two AN/TPY-2 X-band mobile radar systems from the THAAD anti-ballistic missile system, each valued at more than $1 billion.The destruction of the radars dealt a major blow to the situational awareness of US forcesand their allies, the military-focused magazine noted.

 

The reported approachwould potentially move away from the traditional Western concept of a self-contained air defense battery, according to the report. Instead, radars would serve as nodes in broader networks, allowing a mobile sensor to detect a target and relay data to remote launchers while remaining physically separate from the interceptors, the magazine noted.

 

The concept is reportedly in line with Russia’s networked air defense architecture and with the US Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System(IBCS), which is designed to connect different sensors and weapons.

 

According to Military Watch, thedestruction of the radars reportedly forced the US and Israel to rely more heavily on ship-based sensorsand an AN/TPY-2 radar stationed in Turkey.

 

Earlier this month, The Wall Street Journal reported that Iranian strikes had caused up to $13 billion in damage to US military assets and facilities in the Middle East. Since the start of the US-Israeli war on the Islamic Republic, Tehran has carried out more than 2,000 air, missile, and drone strikes, damaging at least 20 sites in eight countries used by the US military. Iran has also damaged or destroyed more than 42 US military aircraft, several while parked at air bases.

 

https://www.rt.com/news/644303-us-russia-s-400-radar/

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 3:51 p.m. No.24945858   🗄️.is 🔗kun

RT visits Belgorod hospital treating children wounded in Ukrainian strikes(VIDEO)

 

The Russian border region has faced some of the most intense attacks over the past week, according to officials

Published 13 Aug, 2026 02:21 | Updated

 

Children are among the mounting casualties of Ukraine’s intensifying drone campaign against Russia’s Belgorod Region, where RT has visited a hospital treating some of the youngest victims.

 

Kiev has escalated long- and mid-range strikes on Russia in recent months.The campaign has killed at least 43 civilians, including four children, and wounded more than 400 others over the past week, according to Russian Ambassador-at-Large Rodion Miroshnik. Belgorod Region, which borders Ukraine’s Sumy and Kharkov regions, has been among the areas hardest hit.

 

In an exclusive report released on Wednesday, RTspoke to several young survivors receiving treatment at the region’s main children’s hospital. More than 260 children have been treated there for serious injuries since Ukrainian attacks on the region intensified, including patients who have suffered amputations.

 

The youngest,Ulyana, is just two-and-a-half years old and is recovering from a leg injury.

 

Vladimir, another young patient, said he suffered multiple wounds.

 

“My legs, arms, torso, and head were stitched up,” he told RT. “It was scary when I was lying in the ambulance. And they kept telling us: ‘It’s coming.’ And then it hit us like a lightning bolt.”

 

Belgorod’s chief educational psychologist, Ekaterina Viktorova,said helping children understand that they still have a future is a crucial part of recovering from life-changing injuries.

 

“When a child realizes they’re not stuck in the day they were injured but continue to live, this is the next step toward recovery,”she told RT.

 

Belgorod Governor Aleksandr Shuvaev said the region was targeted by more than 7,000 Ukrainian drone attacks in June. At the current rate of escalation, that figure could reach 12,000, he warned.

 

https://www.rt.com/russia/644188-belgorod-childrens-hospital-ukrainian-strikes/

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 4:17 p.m. No.24945940   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>6163 >>6203

Russia strikes Ukrainian Danube port rail hub – MOD

Moscow is intensifying pressure on logistics networks in Odessa Region

Published 14 Aug, 2026 11:02

Russian forces have struck a railway hub at the Ukrainian Danube port of Izmail, the Defense Ministry in Moscow reported on Friday, as Russia continues totarget logistics networks in Ukraine’s Odessa Region.

 

According to the ministry, overnight drone strikes hit railway infrastructure in Izmail used for “unloading, storing, and transporting military cargo and fuel supplied to the Ukrainian armed forces.”

 

The Russian military had alsotargeted infrastructure at the port the previous night, along with a temporary troop deployment site, according to a ministry report issued on Thursday. A military command post at the port of Reni some 45 km to the west was also struck, Moscow said.

 

Izmail and Reni, along with the port of Ust-Dunaisk in Vilkovo, are located along the Danube River separating Ukraine’s Odessa Region from Romania. The facilities have become increasingly important to Ukrainian logistics asaccess through Black Sea routes has come under growing pressure from Russian attacks.

 

Moscow has started regularly targeting vessels serving Ukrainian maritime ports, describing the campaign asretaliationfor repeated Ukrainian strikes on Russian civilian ships in the Sea of Azov and the Black Sea.

 

Kiev’s attacks were part of what Ukrainian leader Vladimir Zelensky described last month as a 40-day “pressure campaign.”The effort coincided with a diplomatic effort to secure supplies of a significant number of Patriot interceptor missiles, which many observers said was a failure.

 

In addition to the Danube ports, Russian forces have reportedlystruck bridges near Zatoka and Mayaki, which connect the western part of Odessa Region with the rest of Ukraine, further complicating transport and supply routes.

 

Pressure on Ukraine’s maritime infrastructure has also continued. In its latest report, the Russian Defense Ministry saidtwo tugboats were hit off Nikolaev.

 

(https://www.rt.com/russia/644240-ukrainian-river-ports-strikes/)

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 4:20 p.m. No.24945956   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>6163 >>6203

Energy secretary REVEALS US military is escorting millions of oil barrels through Hormuz Strait

 

Energy Secretary Chris Wright joins 'America Reports' to analyze President Donald Trump's economic squeeze on Iran, discuss collapsing oil exports at Kharg Island and the impact on global energy markets as gas prices fluctuate.

 

7:41

 

 

https://youtu.be/3jdHTiaJI_A

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 4:30 p.m. No.24946008   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>6019 >>6024 >>6066 >>6163 >>6203

Jared Kushner: We are having VERY positive conversations

Fox News chief foreign correspondent Trey Yingst shares an exclusive interview with U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner on his meetings with Hamas leadership and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on 'The Story

 

4:19

 

https://youtu.be/RiWoBl7iIh0

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 4:36 p.m. No.24946044   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>6163 >>6203

Top House Dem DISTANCES himself from DSA ahead of midterms

Fox News’ Mark Meredith breaks down calls for Michigan Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed to go moderate as midterms loom. Fox News contributor Marc Thiessen joins ‘America Reports’ to analyze House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries’s distancing from DSA candidates.

 

7:40

 

https://youtu.be/psYLAEeMn7g

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 4:46 p.m. No.24946113   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>6119 >>6163 >>6203

'STOKE THE FLAMES': Mamdani SLAMMED after NYC synagogue attack

Yeshiva University President Rabbi Ari Berman joins 'America's Newsroom' to discuss hate crime charges for a man from the Bronx following an attack at Central Synagogue in Manhattan.

 

4:23

 

https://youtu.be/GAs5qk3bNc8

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 4:52 p.m. No.24946153   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>6163 >>6203

PATRIOTISM FIRESTORM: Lee Greenwood rips Democrat's remarks

Lee Greenwood reacts to past comments from an Iowa Democrat about patriotism and defends the Pledge of Allegiance, the flag and Americans who sacrificed for the country

 

3:57

 

https://youtu.be/xek6OdNvZSc

Anonymous ID: 3f7c3c Aug. 17, 2026, 5 p.m. No.24946193   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>6203

Progressives face next BIG test on ballots

James Madison Institute President Dr. Robert McClure breaks down the upcoming Florida Democratic primary as progressive and Democratic socialist candidates run in key races. He analyzes the impact of DSA-backed candidates on the party's future

 

6:07

 

https://youtu.be/Y1yvy7w6-ro