Anonymous ID: b84ae9 Aug. 19, 2026, 2:30 p.m. No.24953224   🗄️.is 🔗kun

>>24953205

That's the "Whore from TOR"

Leads a life sadder than Angry Inch

Usually deleted by BVs rather quickly so making him a drinking game is a bit more challenging

Anonymous ID: b84ae9 Aug. 19, 2026, 2:43 p.m. No.24953263   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>3264 >>3316 >>3534 >>3572 >>3580

South Korea Tests Arctic Shipping Route to Europe

By Brenda Goh and Joyce Lee Reuters August 19, 2026

 

SEOUL, Aug 20 (Reuters) – South Korea will flag off on Saturday a container ship bound for Europe via the Arctic, testing whether a route opened by melting sea ice can be commercially viable, but risking friction with Western allies, as the voyage requires Russian cooperation.

 

If successful, the trip would be South Korea’s first such commercial voyage to Europe via the Arctic, placing it with China and Russia among the few countries whose shipping firms have tested or run cargo services along the route.

 

Sailing north from the port of Busan, the PanStar Acro will make stops at Felixstowe in Britain, Rotterdam in the Netherlands and Poland’s Gdansk before returning in a journey expected to take 40 to 45 days, its operator PanStar said.

 

“Around September, when this voyage will mainly take place, Arctic sea ice is at its lowest level of the year, making safer navigation possible,” an official of the group said on condition of anonymity, as he was not authorized to speak to media.

 

President Lee Jae Myung has made Arctic shipping a priority, with officials saying it could help transform the southeastern port of Busan into a global maritime hub and position the Arctic as a regular trade route by 2030.

 

WESTERN DIPLOMATS UNHAPPY WITH PLAN

Western diplomats, however, are unhappy with the plan, as it has required Seoul to consult Russia and seek permits for the ship’s voyage.

 

“We want to isolate Russia, we don’t want engagement with Russia,” said one European diplomat, citing Russia’s war in Ukraine, and adding that the concerns had been voiced to South Korean officials.

 

Arctic shipping experts also said South Korea could be at risk of breaching sanctions if the ship sought Russia’s help to tackle problems encountered on the route, such as getting stuck in ice.

 

South Korea’s Oceans Ministry and Russia’s Foreign Ministry did not respond to requests for comment.

 

FASTER MELTING OF SEA ICE MAKES ROUTE ATTRACTIVE

The faster melting of Arctic sea ice attributed to global warming has made it more feasible this summer to try out the Northern Sea Route (NSR), as it is known.

 

As traffic on the route grows, Norwegian tracking foundation, the Centre for High North Logistics, said 88 vessels made 103 transits through the NSR last year, up from 97 in 2024 and 43 in 2022, chiefly from nations such as Russia and China.

 

South Korea’s Oceans Ministry said the Arctic route could shorten voyages by up to 35% over the traditional Suez Canal route, and require less fuel.

 

But commercial feasibility could be harder to assess.

 

Unit transport costs for the Arctic route are swelled by factors such as vessel size limits and insurance costs, former naval officer Hyewon Choi, said in a study published last year in the journal, Ocean Policy Research.

 

“We cannot use the NSR year round,” he told Reuters, adding that the route is only navigable by container vessels during the three summer months when the ice melts.

 

PanStar, picked in a government-backed tender for the pilot voyage, bought a 2,700-TEU (Twenty-Foot Equivalent Unit) container ship from HMM that it is modifying for polar navigation, with a crew of 20 Koreans and Indonesians.

 

The company told Reuters it is seeking at least 1,300 TEU of cargo such as automobile parts, food and cosmetics, along with shipments from China and Japan, with clients from the latter expressing interest.

 

FIRST-MOVER ADVANTAGE

China is already trying to secure first-mover advantage on the route, making a South Korean voyage more urgent, the PanStar official said.

 

“Korea must begin accumulating operating experience and data that it has not had until now, if the national goal of commercial scheduled service by 2030 is to be achievable.”

 

Chinese container company Sea Legend Shipping plans to launch the first regular container service to Europe via the NSR, the route’s Russian operator says.

 

https://gcaptain.com/south-korea-tests-arctic-shipping-route-to-europe/

Anonymous ID: b84ae9 Aug. 19, 2026, 2:43 p.m. No.24953264   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>3316 >>3534 >>3572 >>3580

>>24953263 (me)

From article:

"Unit transport costs for the Arctic route are swelled by factors such as vessel size limits and insurance costs, former naval officer Hyewon Choi, said in a study published last year in the journal, Ocean Policy Research."

 

Who they are

Ocean Policy Research Institute of the Sasakawa Peace Foundation

 

Full version of STATEMENT BY the Ocean Policy Research Institute of the Sasakawa Peace Foundation Delivered by Keita Furukawa as part of the Ocean Conference Preparatory Meeting, New York, February 15-16 2017

 

Thank you Mr. Co-facilitator, Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

 

We are the Ocean Policy Research Institute of the Sasakawa Peace Foundation, a largest NGO Think and Do tank designated to ocean governance and ocean policy in Japan supported by the Nippon Foundation.

 

Together with Global Ocean Forum, IOC/UNESCO, MOF Gov. of Grenada, MOF Gov. of Seychelles and Oceano Azul Foundation, we had a side-event “Ocean and Climate and Blue Economy” on 15 Feb. 13:15-14:30 with great success.

We would like to intervene to highlight the importance of capacity building to overarch ocean issues and climate change in the “call for action”.

 

We would like to rise three points to be included in the “call for action” as follows;

 

Firstly, “need of long-term commitment on Networking”.

The World Maritime University (WMU) is established in Malmo, Sweden in 1983 by the IMO to serve high-level knowledge there about Maritime Education, Marine Environment, Ocean Governance, etc to developing countries.

Our Foundation together with the Nippon Foundation have provided a scholarship fund since 1987. To date, we have more than 600 fellows from 70 countries. The point is a strong ownership of the Sasakawa fellows by themselves. After graduating from WMU, the fellows take active leadership in maritime affairs in their home nation with backup the Sasakawa fellows’ alumni network. This global network of professionals can be a firm base of international cooperation.

 

Secondly, “need of sound regional platform based on science”.

In Northern Western side of the Pacific, effect of OA is coming from north since dissolution of CO2 is active in low temperature. Scientists are predicting, northern limit of reef corals’ habitation will shift down to Southern part of Japan in 2080s. Furthermore, ocean temperature rise due to global warming bring up Southern limit of reef corals’ habitation toward the area in 2060s. It will affect on both tourism and fisheries in Japan seriously.

These sensational interpretations should be delivered to public very carefully. Without good data mining to show the truth and making good explanation, we can trigger an unnecessary displacement or confusion to local residence and industries. Since the issues are so complicated, not only the networking of existing observation network to compile our knowledge, but also good action platform should be prepared.

“The Marine Crisis Watch and Action” is designed and in preparation now for rising Public and Political Awareness.

 

Thirdly, “need of holistic approach with collaboration”.

The erosion of the coasts caused by SLR, increasing storm surges and land use change due to Climate Change. Protect island coastal lines from erosion is a difficult task. It is not enough to construct high barrier to the rising tide. It is needed to be matched a Good management strategies, sustainable eco-engineering and legal toolboxes for implementation. We need a good platform of collaboration to integrate these tools to implement.

We have launched a voluntary international collaboration network “The Islands and Oceans Net” at SIDS2014 held in Samoa to coordinating and initiating practical action programs together with SIDS countries.

 

By that, we would like to reiterate the importance of broad and active participation at all levels for customizing the global “call for action” to the regional, national and local implementation of Capacity Building.

 

I thank you for the opportunity, Mr. co-facilitator.

 

https://sdgs.un.org/statements/ocean-policy-research-institute-sasakawa-peace-foundation-15717

Anonymous ID: b84ae9 Aug. 19, 2026, 2:52 p.m. No.24953289   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>3294

>>24953171

Hmmmm

A State in Rebellion

Federalize nearby State's National Guard Units

Designate them "Army of the Cumberland"

Take over, impose Martial Law, tell 'em no voting, even dog catcher will be appointed

Anonymous ID: b84ae9 Aug. 19, 2026, 3:07 p.m. No.24953344   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>3534 >>3572 >>3580

Trump’s Plan for Foreign-Built Navy Ships Runs Into Resistance

Mike Schuler August 18, 2026

 

President Donald Trump’s push to open U.S. Navy shipbuilding to foreign yards is running into resistance from American shipbuilders and lawmakers who argue the policy risks sending jobs and critical industrial capacity overseas just as Washington is spending billions to rebuild the domestic maritime industry.

 

The pushback follows Trump’s August 13 national security memorandum creating a pathway for foreign shipbuilders to construct the first two vessels of certain U.S. Navy programs at their home yards before shifting follow-on production to the United States.

 

The administration calls the approach the “Finland Model,” borrowing from the U.S. Coast Guard’s Arctic Security Cutter program. To qualify, foreign shipbuilders must build or acquire a controlling stake in a U.S. shipyard, hire and train American workers, transfer proprietary shipbuilding technology and establish a U.S. supply chain.

 

The model could be applied to three vessel types: a new surface combatant capable of anti-submarine warfare, surface warfare and convoy escort missions; Consolidated Cargo Replenishment at Sea tankers; and roll-on/roll-off vessels.

 

The White House argues the arrangement can deliver ships more quickly while bringing foreign capital, technology and shipbuilding expertise into the United States. The administration has already used a similar strategy for icebreakers, describing overseas construction as a temporary bridge while domestic capacity is expanded.

 

But U.S. shipbuilders are warning that every vessel constructed abroad is work that could instead support American yards.

 

“While foreign investment into the U.S.-based shipyards and facilities is lauded to reach the Administration’s goals of revitalizing the shipyard industrial base, directing the DoW to build overseas only undercuts the federal Maritime Action Plan and generational investment into commercial and government shipbuilding,” Shipbuilders Council of America President Matthew Paxton said in a statement.

 

“Every hull built abroad is demand, jobs, and industrial capability diverted from American shipyards this Administration pledged to rebuild,” Paxton added. “We urge the Department to reverse course and redirect this funding to qualified U.S. shipyards.”

 

The opposition exposes a growing tension within Trump’s broader Maritime Dominance agenda.

 

The administration’s Maritime Action Plan itself acknowledges a role for foreign-built vessels as a stopgap while U.S. shipbuilding capacity is rebuilt, while maintaining that U.S.-built ships should ultimately take over that work.

 

Trump’s Navy directive takes that concept further by allowing qualifying foreign builders to construct Navy vessels overseas, provided the companies make substantial investments in American shipbuilding.

 

South Korea’s Hanwha and Italy’s Fincantieri have emerged as potential beneficiaries. Hanwha acquired Philly Shipyard in 2024 and has pledged $5 billion toward expanding the facility, while Fincantieri has invested more than $800 million in its U.S. shipyards over the past decade. Shares of both companies rose following Trump’s announcement.

 

Congress Pushes Back

Resistance is also building on Capitol Hill, where lawmakers have already moved to restrict the Navy’s ability to send ship construction overseas.

 

Rep. Jared Golden, a Maine Democrat whose district includes General Dynamics Bath Iron Works,blasted Trump’s directive as inconsistent with the administration’s “America First” message.

 

“I don’t know how we’re supposed to take any soaring ‘America-first’ language from this administration seriously when it appears to be bound and determined to send American shipbuilding jobs overseas and, now, to sell American shipyards to foreign corporations,” Golden said.

 

Golden pointed to language he successfully added to the House-passed fiscal 2027 National Defense Authorization Act that would prohibit funds authorized under the legislation from being used to enter into contracts for battle force ships constructed in foreign yards.

 

The provision was aimed at an earlier Pentagon shipbuilding proposal that contemplated allowing U.S. ships or portions of ships to be constructed overseas. The House passed its version of the NDAA in July.

 

Golden said the Senate is considering similar restrictions, potentially putting Congress on a collision course with the White House over the foreign construction strategy.

 

“Congress must take seriously its job to protect national security and American jobs,” Golden said.

 

If such restrictions survive the legislative process and become law, they could complicate the surface-combatant portion of Trump’s Finland Model. The precise impact on replenishment tankers and roll-on/roll-off vessels would depend on the final language and how those vessels are classified and funded.

 

The presidential memorandum itself recognizes Congress’ role. Trump delegated authority to the Secretary of War to make national security determinations allowing waivers from the general prohibition on Armed Forces vessels being constructed in foreign shipyards, but Congress must receive notice at least 30 days before a qualifying contract can be executed.

 

A Broader Maritime Debate

The dispute comes as the administration is already facing criticism over another policy involving foreign vessels: its record-long emergency Jones Act waiver.

 

The waiver has allowed foreign-flag vessels to transport energy products and other eligible cargoes between U.S. ports amid disruptions caused by the Iran conflict. U.S. maritime groups have argued that allowing foreign vessels into domestic trades can suppress demand for American ships and undermine investment in the very industrial base Trump’s Maritime Dominance agenda is intended to rebuild.

 

The administration recently tightened the waiver, moving toward voyage-by-voyage approvals and requiring a determination of whether Jones Act-qualified tonnage is available before a foreign vessel is authorized.

 

The disputes reflect the same underlying challenge confronting U.S. domestic shipbuilding industrial base.

 

Trump’s strategy is increasingly to use foreign capacity as a bridge while requiring foreign companies to invest in U.S. yards and transfer expertise. The White House says its goal is to restore capacity and competition after years of delays, cost increases and growing backlogs across Navy shipbuilding programs.

 

Opponents argue that sending even the first hulls overseas risks weakening the demand signal needed to rebuild that capacity at home.

 

That disagreement now appears headed for a larger fight between the White House, Congress and the U.S. shipbuilding industry over where the next generation of American naval vessels should actually be built.

 

https://gcaptain.com/trumps-plan-for-foreign-built-navy-ships-runs-into-resistance/

Anonymous ID: b84ae9 Aug. 19, 2026, 3:16 p.m. No.24953362   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>3390

>>24953090

>Recall petition against Seattle Mayor Katie Wilson moves to King County Superior Court

Yes, YES!

To be held up by Motions and other legal fuckery

Meanwhile, companies move across the ay or simply leave the State completely

Might take me a bit to find it but IIRC the Vacancy in downtown Seattle commercial property was at 36% and may have gone to 40%. Empty offices = also empty cafes, coffee shops, and restaurants

Anonymous ID: b84ae9 Aug. 19, 2026, 3:24 p.m. No.24953390   🗄️.is 🔗kun

>>24953362

Here Anons, not exactly the one I was looking for but a start methinks

 

Socialist Seattle’s DOWNTOWN GHOST TOWN: Office Vacancy NEARS 40% — 2nd WORST in America

News For Reasonable People

6 months ago Run Time: 19:27

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKE9weLQZeo

 

"The DAMAGE will Take DECADES to Repair" - 40,000 Jobs GONE as Seattle Enters STEEP Decline

Paralegal Institute of Washington, D.C.

3 days ago Runt Time 12:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr8UmZWV9m0

Anonymous ID: b84ae9 Aug. 19, 2026, 3:41 p.m. No.24953425   🗄️.is 🔗kun   >>3428

>>24953323

I would suggest the current students check to see if their credits will transfer

Then again the attitude of modern college students makes me think the best part of them ran down their momma's ass crack

Hmmm, if enough get the clots and have cardiac "coincidences" can we then import UK university grads that know how awesome the USA is and would happily come here and work hard?

Anonymous ID: b84ae9 Aug. 19, 2026, 4:56 p.m. No.24953594   🗄️.is 🔗kun

>>24953571

Trans Americans STUCK IN Refugee Camps As Asylum Claims Get REJECTED After FLEEING Trump's America!

Black Conservative Perspective 4 months ago

Run Time 14:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTA5eyypsHo